Community Parking District Goals
- Improve safety and access to Pacific Beach neighborhoods, destinations, and businesses, and well as mobility within, to and from the community.
- Develop parking and transportation strategies in alignment with the Pacific Beach EcoDistrict principles that effectively serve the community as it grows into the future.
- Encourage multiple modes of transportation including walking, bikes, public transit, etc.
- Support the needs of residences, businesses, and visitors with recognition of the diversity that occurs within these groups.
- Identify and generate sustainable revenue to support investments in the community and transportation infrastructure improvements.
History of the PB Community Parking District
- 1998: PB Parking Solutions community forum to identify local parking problems and solutions
- 2002: Wilbur Smith Parking Study identified deficient parking in PB
- 2004: Joint PB Parking Subcommittee formed
- 2005: City of San Diego approves formation of PB CPD
- 2008: Walker Parking Consultants report on potential PB parking solutions
- 2014: Discover PB Subcommittee meetings on parking; PB EcoDistrict formed
- 2015: CPD Advisory Board reestablished